Some of the most enjoyable artwork I’ve done over the past year and a half has been the Dungeons & Dragons classic module Walkthrough Maps for Wizards of the Coast. I’ve really loved making these: drawing and ‘plotting out’ each one gives me the vicarious experience of both DMing and playing the adventures, and it’s incredibly fun to flesh out all those two-dimensional, graph paper maps into little worlds in pseudo-isometric color.
After many months of people asking about them, I’m proud to announce… the D&D Walkthrough Maps are finally available as full-size art prints!! Each map depicts a different classic adventure from the ’70s and early ’80s, namely:
* S1: Tomb of Horrors by Gary Gygax (13″x18″ print)
* S2: White Plume Mountain by Lawrence Schick (16″x18″ print)
* S3: Expedition to the Barrier Peaks by Gary Gygax (11″x22″ print)
* S4: The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth by Gary Gygax (18″x27″ print)
* A1: Slave Pits of the Undercity by David Cook (18″x24″ print)
* X1: The Isle of Dread by David Cook & Tom Moldvay (18″x24″ print)
* I6: Ravenloft by Tracy & Laury Hickman (18″x36″ print) (!!)
Every inch of bloodsoaked battle and every copper coin of treasure is thrillingly depicted in ultra-detailed style with mock men in the role of the human (and demi-human) characters. I hope you love looking at these maps as much as I loved drawing them. And I’m still drawing more of them on the Wizards of the Coast site, so please stay tuned for future announcements!